Who will benefit?
The ultimate beneficiaries of RIU are those whose livelihoods depend on agriculture and agricultural products, especially the poor in developing countries:
- women and men, the young and old
- small-scale producers, processors and input and output market agents
- employees on farms and in agribusinesses
- small-scale agriculture and agri-business service providers and service sector employees
- consumers, and
- global tax payers who will get better value from their taxes that are invested in agricultural research
The intermediate beneficiaries of RIU are those responsible for commissioning, funding and managing agricultural research for development and for translating agricultural research products into tangible goods and services, practices, processes and policies.