Research Into Use programme materials - printed publications.
French - Français
- New technologies, new processes, new policies
Results from DFID-funded research.
- Field guide to photography
This Guide is designed to give everyone working in development the skills that they need to take a full and compelling photographic record of their work.
- New option showcases
A series of two-page briefs highlighting some of the new technologies and processes available
- Policy briefs
Two-page briefs produced to highlight policy actions needed for selected topics.
- Pocket guides
Illustrating how complex subjects can be explained briefly and simply to busy infomediaries and policy makers/shapers.
- Stimulating demand for information in Sub-Saharan Africa
This five-page leaflet summarises RIU's work in Africa, with an introduction to the work of appointed country teams and their partnerships.
- Communications success stories: mainstreaming research findings to lessen poverty
Successful examples of communication methods which have been used to mainstream research findings in Africa and Asia have been compiled into this 40-page online resource.
- RIU country asssessments
Executive summaries of RIU assessments of Bangladesh, Malawi, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sierra Leone and Tanzania.
- Information markets
Two publications, a 15-page guide and a position paper, introduce and explain RIU's innovation systems approach and information and knowledge service markets (IKSMs).
- Practice notes
Key lessons for up-scaling and out-scaling research from 19 key reviews. Each synthesis of a selected topic provides background information and key points, while the lessons learned are illustrated using examples and case studies.
NB Archive publications
- indicated in menus by yellow panels - were produced by RIU but are no longer considered to be current or relevant to the programme. This material is shared in the spirit of openness and transparency but should not be seen as an indication of current priorities or thinking.